December 09, 2006
It's Like I Cut My Hand Off
So I left my cell phone at work yesterday and didn't notice until about 7:30 p.m. at night--about the time my sister should have been texting me to let me know her plane got in ok. I searched high and low for it, tore apart my work bag, my room, even the kitchen looking for it. No dice. It then occurred to me that the last place I saw it was on my desk at work. So I'm really hoping I can get in there this morning and grab it because, I feel naked without it. I feel cut off--like I'm snuggled away in some remote forest area that doesn't get reception. I keep thinking, what if someone called me--which they didn't, cause they never do--or worse yet, what if I need to call someone?!!

Technology is strange that way. We've become so dependant on it that it's ridiculous. Going 12 hours without a cell phone or computer or T.V. should not make one feel like a limb is missing. There are other more important things to worry about in this world. Like what the heck am I going to get my sister for Christmas?
 
posted by Tina at 9:28 AM
Permalink |

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)