November 15, 2006
Throwing in the Towel
I am not a quitter. In fact, I relish a challenge and 9 times out of 10 will rise above and beyond said challenge. That being said...

I am giving up on NaNoWriMo. I've got under 3,000 words, people. That is peanuts next to the Big Scary Number That I Should Be At. I could attempt to make it up over Thanksgiving, but who am I kidding? Turkey Day is all about, well, turkey and football. *sigh* I really don't want to give up, cause I like my idea, I like my characters, and I honestly think it could go somewhere (ok--clarification: if the novel were to be completed, and subjected to heavy revision, it could go some where. Where I don't know, but somewhere). I am not an ungifted writer. In fact, I consider myself pretty darn gifted, having had a poem made into a COPYRIGHTED song (fine... it was the 4th grade, but still), and having won a few writing contests (mostly honorable mentions, but I'll take that, thank you very much).

And need I remind you, I am not a quitter?

In other news, I found out the other day that one of my fellow instructors here at Emerson College also went to St. Lawrence University. We've been working on a project together for a couple weeks now, and never knew. Granted, she's four years younger than me, so we would've never hung out by virtue of I graduated, but nonetheless! Just goes to show you, Larries are everywhere and we will rule the world!



 
posted by Tina at 3:57 PM
Permalink |

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)