October 25, 2006
Thirteen of My Favorite Foods


  1. Stuffed Green Peppers... Best. Meal. Ever. My mom has made these for my birthday every year since I can remember.

  2. Pickles. Not sweet, not bread and butter. Dill and dill only. I teethed on dill pickles. No, better yet, my mother craved dill pickles while I was bakin' in her womb.

  3. Kabobs. Slip a little marinated meat(I prefer either venison or swordfish), potato, pepper, pickle, pearl onion, zucchini, yellow squash and tomato on a skewer, grill it and serve it over rice with a cold beer. *sigh* makes me miss summer just thinking about it!

  4. Citrus fruit. You can have your apple a day. Keep your pears. I'll take an orange or a grapefruit any day of the week!

  5. Salad. I have yet to meet a vegetable I don't like. What can I say, I like rabbit food.

  6. Mom's lasagna. I don't know what she does, but it can't be duplicated!

  7. French onion soup smothered in cheese--ooey gooey goodness!

  8. Strawberry rhubarb pie. My grandmother makes this during the late summer early fall. It makes me think of those lazy days of early fall where its still warm enough to wear flip flops but you need a sweatshirt.

  9. Cheese cake. Who ever invented this delectable desert is GOD.

  10. Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Nothing is better than playing in the snow all day and coming inside to a piping hot bowl of tomato soup with toasty grilled sandwiches rip for the dipping. Dunk away... dunk away.

  11. Cheese. Everything tastes better with cheese.

  12. Waffles with strawberry compote and whipped cream... this reminds me of hungover Waffle Bar days at SLU. We'd all drag our asses out of bed for some wafflely goodness no matter how wrecked we were the night before.

  13. Masala dosa... it's Indian food and essentially a rice paste patty filled with spiced potatoes, onions, peas and chillies. It sounds gross, but its AWESOME.

So this is just a sampling... I wouldn't consider myself a "foodie" perse, but I do love to eat!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged!



 
posted by Tina at 11:58 PM
Permalink |

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)