January 17, 2008
Updates and Randomness
Not much new to report here. The baby sister is apparently commenced with the making of the wedding plans, which whatever. I'm kinda of over it and it hasn't even started. Mom's not too happy cause apparently birthin' a child means that you should be all up in their grill when it comes to major life events. I say just tell me when, where, and how long the bar is open for.

The newest editions to my menagerie, Harriet and Sinead, seem to be doing well. They crack me up every morning cause the minute I turn on the lights, they look like they've been caught doing something naughty... Harriet's usually on the top shelf, mid-stride, and little nekked Sinead clinging to the side of the cage with her four little pink paws. I'll have to put pictures up if I can get them... they're really too cute in all they're ratty glory.

The Noodle monster--aka my mother's psycho tortie--is trying to kill me. In the morning, when I'm at my logiest and half asleep, she waits until I'm about a foot away and then attacks my Achilles. This attack either consists of a mad dash past my legs while simultaneously swiping at me with a paw (claws extended--I have the scratches to prove it) OR latching on with both claw and tooth, thus being dragged on her belly across the floow as I dance and howl in shock and pain. I swear she enjoys the ride.

Still working on the resolutions. The editing is going ok. I'm toying with starting something new, but I'm unsure if that's a cop out yet cause, truth be told, I'm scared shitless of sending something out and getting rejected. I know, I know... just get over it and do it. Easier said than done, bub.

I'm reading like a fiend these days. Ok... edit: I'm reading comic books like a fiend. Some good work buddies have been feeding me items such as Sandman and the DMZ (which is AWESOME, BTW... great story, great art, great concept. Read it. Love it.). I'm just getting into Ex Machina (for more info click here). Again, great story, great art, great concept. When I've got more time (and less papers to grade) I'll post some serious reviews. I think I'd like to start writing reviews more... which means I should probably start writing them again for the website I wrote them for before. But I digress. Back to the status of my resolutions. Been paying attention to the blog. Could be better. Still trying to figure out a possible new layout. Maybe switching to the new version of blogger? Still looking for advice on that one (hint hint). Sending out resumes... sent out the first one today in fact. Its for a job in NY (state, not the city) that I'm not too psyched about having as I don't want to stay here but hey, its a job. I've got a list of other places that I'm looking into (CA, NC, HI, GA, and New Orleans) but haven't done a damn thing about it yet. Perhaps I should work on that, hmmm? As for the surfing... planning a trip out to Cali in March/April so... here's hoping.

And that folks, is all I've got for now. I've got a stack of reading responses that need some tending to so I guess I best get crackin'... toodles.
 
posted by Tina at 8:00 PM
Permalink |

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)