January 04, 2008
Decisions, Decisions...
Anyone who knows me knows that I have a HUGE inability to make decisions in any manner that resembles rational or sane. Red wine or white? Fish or steak? Salad? Flats or heels? Skirt or jeans? Yellow light--stop or go?

So, imagine me with $80 to spend in Borders Bookstore. Imagine me running through the stacks, grabbing willy nilly until I've got approximately 30 books and 20 DVDs in my hand. Imagine the two hour whittling down process that ensued. Imagine the horror and dismay on the clerks faces as they came to the slow realization that they were going to have to put back a large quantity of books as I, truthfully, had no inclination to spend another hour trying to put back the books I decided not to purchase. In the end, I decided on these little gems:

  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Phillip K. Dick)
  • The Simulcara (Phillip K. Dick)
  • Middlesex (Jeffrey Eugenides)
  • The Castle in the Forest (Norman Mailer)

I'm grokking over the reading delightfulness that is about to ensue. I'm saddened by the books that I wanted, but couldn't have as I reasoned in my brain that four at a time was enough to get me through at least the next two months (at which point, the brain voice assured me, I can go on another spending spree):

Books I Have Already Read:

  • Love in the Time of Cholera (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
  • One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
  • Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)

Books I Have NOT Read:

  • The Memory Keeper's Daughter
  • No Country For Old Men
  • The Road
  • Snow Crash

And those are the ones I can remember!

Whew!

Labels:

 
posted by Tina at 5:02 PM
Permalink |

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)