March 19, 2007
A Possible New Obsession


So one of my students has chosen for their research paper case text an episode of the new Doctor Who. I'm not sure how many people under the age of say, 40, have actually watched this little BBC gem in its original incarnate with Doctor Who played by British Actor Tom Baker with his funky striped scarf. I remember spending endless hours at my maternal grandparent's house enjoying this show with my Grandfather. We'd laugh and wax philosophical over the adventures of the socially inept time traveler and his robotic dog. It's one of my fondest memories of a man who said little.

Now, apparently, they've made a hip new 21st century version of the Doctor. He's very British, very geeky, and very sexy in that geeky British way. And I'm totally hooked. I watched one episode, "The Girl in the Fireplace"--the episode that my student will be using in her paper--and I'm hooked. It's totally hokey in that way that only BBC series are hokey but its still great.

You should check it out.



 
posted by Tina at 10:43 PM
Permalink |

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)