January 02, 2007
Musings and Mumblings
I went home for Christmas and New Years, intending (per usual) to be bored out of my mind. Most of my friends that I grew up with either live too far away and don't bother to come home anymore, are married with children, or (like me) go home to spend time with family and thus have little time for much else. So I was fully prepared for 10 p.m. bed times, a few game nights, and little else.

Then a funny thing happened. My sister's boyfriend's older brother was home on leave (R&R? I've no clue which one is correct) and we hung out a lot... we're talking 4 or 5 a.m. every single night. Now, this is a kid that I vaguely remember from high school, he was a grade ahead of me but never on any sort of social radar--then again, neither was I. He was as big, if not bigger, geek than I was. But, man! Did he grow up! To sound like a complete ninny, he's a hottie!

But more than that, he's actually a really cool guy. We're talking funny, sweet, considerate, interesting. And I never new. I had a moment where I felt really bad because, with my precarious high school status as borderline geek, and his definite status as geek, I never gave him the time of day in high school and now I feel like I may have missed out on a potentially worthwhile friendship. And it makes me sad for the girl that I was then and the woman I am now that I was so shallow. And now, it may be too late as he lives in Texas and I'm stuck here in Boston.

Stupid Texas.

*sigh*

So it's a new year, and with a new year come new resolutions. But I've decided I'm not making any, I never keep them anyways. What I am going to do I make a list of goals. How are these goals different than resolutions, you ask? Simple.

Rather than say, this is the year that I'm going to start going to the gym and get all skinny, I've said this year, I'm going to one healthy thing to better my body be it a better more balanced diet or picking up a new activity that will increase my endurance and physicality. Another: this year I will spend at least two weekends a month working for some charity. Another: I will finish my thesis.

See goals.


 
posted by Tina at 7:13 PM
Permalink |

Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)